On Why the Sun Rises Every Morning
This morning, I sat out on the porch with a cup of coffee, the dog snoozing at my feet, and just enough peace to feel like I might be getting away with something. The sun was rising slow over the hills like it had all the time in the world, and I figured, if that old sun can show up every single day without complaining, maybe we can too.
See, the sun doesn’t get up because it wants to. It gets up because that’s what it does. Day after day, shine or storm. No round of applause, no pat on the back, just good old-fashioned dependability.
And I reckon that’s a pretty good way to live.
There’ll be days, kiddo, when your bones feel heavy, or your heart does. Days when you’d rather stay curled up and let the world spin without you. But showing up anyway, that’s how you grow into someone folks can count on. That’s how you earn the kind of respect that doesn’t need to shout.
Not every sunrise is spectacular. Some are foggy, some are plain. But they’re all proof that a new day’s here, and you’re still in it.
Also, brush your teeth. Your breath could etch glass.
That’s all for now, Whistlebritches. Remember, the world’s a better place when you show up, so keep showing up.
Say, "Hello!" To Mutha & We'll See You Down The Road.
Comments
Post a Comment